Throw It Back with MTV

April 30, 2020



It has taken me a few days to come down from this high of living my own version of "Made" thanks to MTV (remember that show?). When I was invited to represent the Health Heroes for CLUBMTV's first virtual dance party, I had no idea how many amazing people I would get to meet...or that I would get to dance like no one was watching on a live broadcast (hence these silly faces). Despite social distancing, we were still able to socially connect right from our living room. Hosted by DJ D-Nice and Keke Plamer, we got to throw it back on MTV and VH1 with celebrities like Usher, John Legend, Rita Ora, Tiffany Haddish, and more. I even recognized some of my favorite TikTokers in our Zoom chats. And for those of you that missed the show, do you recognize who is in the clip below?


That's right, your favorite doctor was featured on national TV! Of course, the best part was that the event was all for charity. We partied it up to encourage others to stay at home while raising money for the VH1 Save The Music Foundation. This non-profit organization was started by MTV executive John Sykes after he was "principal for a day" in a Brooklyn school whose music program was at risk. Their goal is to help schools, communities, and students reach their full potential through the power of making music. Right now, that means helping students impacted by COVID19 gain access to music education remotely. To donate text DANCE to 91999.

Watch the recap below (thank you @itsthemcfarlands for the music inspiration):




PS: I have been giving out autographs on every prescription I write, my patients just don't know it yet ;)

Post a Comment

© daily dose of vita. Design by FCD.