Resolution Re-Cap

January 30, 2019


January is wrapping up and I want to know: How has 2019 been for all of you #vitastics so far? I hope my post on memories helped you reflect on your past, the challenges you have overcome and the growth you have made. Has this shaped your New Year's resolutions and if so, how have they been going for you?

During a recent girl's night, my friend Gopi (@squatsandswatches) shared her New Year's Resolution with me: to be more present by unplugging when she is around people. It was wonderful getting to catch up with her without our phones distracting us, ignoring notifications and texts so we could focus on things like new jobs, wedding planning, and more.

For my New Year's goal, I wanted to step outside my comfort zone and try something new. While I work hard to maintain an active lifestyle, this year I joined ClassPass, an online subscription service that lets you try out different studios and workouts throughout major cities including Philly.

Get a FREE month trial on ClassPass by clicking HERE


One of the classes I signed up for was SLT - the Strengthen, Lengthen, Tone fitness class that is like Pilates on steroids with its mega-former machine and intense core work. The studio originated in NYC where it was praised by Chrissy Teigen and Sofia Vergara. I was so excited to take this class and even more thrilled to discover my instructor was also my favorite Flywheel teacher, fellow FearlessCon attendee, and 2018 Health Hero Finalist, Alanna Gardner!

The best part about joining ClassPass? My friends are also members! I convinced my friend Priyanca to come along with me because workouts are always better with friends. You know you're not alone in feeling that burn, shake, and struggle we all love and hate at the same time (thank you Alanna). It felt like we used muscles I didn't even know I had doing moves like "Catfish" and "Mermaid." The routine was very technical with fast transitions and slow contractions. Luckily, I was surrounded by experts who guided me on how to manipulate the machine and position my body correctly. It helped wearing grip socks that prevented me from sliding on the moving carriage. I broke a sweat, got my heart pumping, and am already signed up for my next class.



Following this sweat sesh, I wanted to make sure I got my protein intake for optimizing muscle recovery and growth. It's best to consume protein within 30 minutes of a workout to help your muscles re-fuel. Thanks to DietDirect, I have a huge selection of protein-packed treats, from granola to chips and crackers. This company is where I get my go-to snacks including the ones I hide in my white coat!



I opted for these delicious Proti Chips, which filled me up right away!



Now, ready to try something new? Join me on ClassPass by clicking HERE and get a free month trial!

And if you've already got your exercise routine down but need some post-workout sources of protein, check out DietDirect for a variety of nutritious and delicious snacks.

Leave a comment below and let me know how your New Year's Resolutions are shaping up!

Ad: I received compensation via free snack products for this post.
Disclaimer: This post should not be considered medical advice and is in no way intended to replace a consultation with a qualified medical practitioner. All website users are advised to consult their doctor concerning medical advice or treatment.

Post a Comment

© daily dose of vita. Design by FCD.