M•A•C Over Me

August 25, 2018


As part of this year's National Lipstick Day, M•A•C offered me a free complimentary makeover complete with smokey eyes, contouring, and a beautiful overall glow! My makeup artist Brittany taught me some great tips during our session.

First thing's first though - you need a clean canvas. I love using Neutrogena's face wipes to get the day's makeup off before bed or in this case, before a makeover.




Brittany put my eye makeup on first, explaining that residue from eye shadow and liner can easily be cleaned up when you don't have any foundation on. This also means you don't have to worry about messing up your contour, bronzer or blush in case you smudge some of your liner, shadow, or mascara. For the dramatic effect, she lined my bottom inner eyelid then blended a darker shadow below. I usually don't line this area because I feel like it makes my eyes look smaller than normal but in this case, it really made them pop. I guess I have to work on my technique.


Another great trick is using a makeup brush to apply liquid foundation. Brittany explained that when you use your fingertips or a sponge, the majority of the makeup is absorbed. Using a makeup brush also helps distribute the foundation in a smoother, more natural way.


If you're not following her on instagram, go to @lipstick_killabrit to see her amazing talent! And of course check out @maconchestnut - if you buy $60 in product, you can also get a makeover. My favorite product was (obviously) their lipstick! I got a free Aloof Lustre from National Lipstick Day and could not resist picking up their Mehr lipstick. Check out some of their other colors below -



Thank you to Brittany and M•A•C for helping me get ready for my night out at Chima Steakhouse. I had a great time with some other Philly foodies as we were treated to a complimentary buffet of salads and dinner. We piled our plates high with all the delicious cuts of meat from filet mignon to sirloins and bacon-covered goodness.


My eyes were bigger than my stomach that night but I was completely satiated. It helps to have an outlet and people outside of the medical field to maintain the work-life balance, especially when that outlet is food with friends :)



What are your outlets? And tell me your favorite makeup tips!

Post a Comment

© daily dose of vita. Design by FCD.