thank u, next

December 2, 2018

Farewell November, Hello December!



My friend Priyanca and I held a photoshoot as a celebration of my one-month completion for the Blogilates PIIT28 workout plan and 28 Day Reset. (Dress by Lulus).


It was just in time for the drop of Ariana Grande's new hit thank u, next to power me through my final exercise routine in the PIIT28 schedule. I love how her song is all about self-love, appreciating the past and looking to the future. I worked so hard to get to this point and hope to have motivated you all to put the Move in Movember this season.



After long days at the hospital, followed by events around the city, I would come home to sweat it out. Getting my 28 minutes of exercise in made me feel a strong sense of accomplishment. My goal this month was to grow, improve, and inspire others to do the same. As Ariana Grande says, "Ain't no need for searching...I've got so much love, got so much patience, I've learned from the pain, I turned out amazing."



Having done this program before (read my initial review here: PIIT28/28 Day Reset), I decided to be less strict this time with the nutrition plan. The 28 Day Reset involved eliminating processed grains, added sugar, dairy, and alcohol. For me, especially when it comes to food, I believe life should be lived in moderation, including moderation. Instead, I challenged myself with an additional ab exercise routine. There were days I wanted to give up, days I felt too tired to roll out my mat. However, these excuses were overcome by comments from supporters and fellow Blogilates popsters encouraging me to keep going. I am so grateful I listened to them.

I love this quote. Exercise is a celebration. In my medical field of physical medicine and rehabilitation, completing even the smallest of tasks is a reason to congratulate one's body. And it's not just my patients that I see achievements. I remember my co-resident telling me he worked out over the weekend because of my dedication to fitness. From convincing my co-residents to take the stairs at the hospital, to comments from my #vitastics followers on their workout routines, I am constantly in awe of what a little encouragement can do.



This holiday season, I hope you can say "thank u, next" to whatever you feel is holding you back and begin a new journey of self-love and transformation. Start those New Year's resolutions early and check out the Blogilates PIIT28 and 28 Day Reset challenges. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @docotor.cole as I continue my journey of staying fit, feeling fabulous, and having fun!

PS: If you have time to watch Instagram Stories, scroll through Facebook, or click on those Snapchats, then you have time to work out ;)

4 comments

  1. So motivating! It’s so hard to work out after work but you showed us it’s possible!! Love the motivation and before and afters’ ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment :) It was definitely a challenge and it helps to have a community of supporters, friends, and family. You can definitely do it if you put your mind to it, even with all the holiday treats lol

      Delete
  2. Love this post! I jumped on the PIIT28 train when it first came out and have been loving it ever since. You get out what you put in! I'm 24 weeks pregnant, so I'm not "putting in" as much as before. But, it's nice to know when I'm ready to go hard again, I know where to turn! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I love how it condenses our workouts to half the time too! And that is so true. I usually do it with the videos instead of just the booklet because I want to make sure I keep up with Cassey. Congratulations!!! That is so exciting. And totally understandable, great to hear you’re still maintaining a healthy routine (and you’re working out for two now so that’s two times more amazing!). Best of luck, so happy and excited for you.😊πŸ’ͺπŸ’•

      Delete

© daily dose of vita. Design by FCD.