Spring Cleaning How-To

May 1, 2017


In a few short weeks, I will be officially relocating to the Big City...well almost. Not New York but still a big city.  I'll give you a hint: it's the birthplace of America. And with that move comes, of course, a smaller space, namely, a smaller closet. Surveying my current apartment I realized 1. I am not a fan of moving (ie packing, unpacking) and 2. I have too much stuff. My wardrobe was the bulk of what would be packed and, since May is just around the corner, I concluded it's time for some hardcore spring cleaning!

To start with, a friend gave me this algorithm from thredUp:


It made my decisions a lot easier knowing what to keep, sell, and give away, from shoes and jackets to jewelry and yoga gear. When it came time to sell, I wanted to try online consignment. I read a great post comparing thredUP and Poshmark, two popular online consignment sites here:



In short, the article summarizes what each site entails along with their pros and cons. Poshmark is more hands-on, leaving it up to the seller to photograph, price, package, and ship each item. In contrast, thredUP, which is more hands-off, leaves you to bundle all your items in a pre-paid bag for one-time shipping. They'll take care of the rest. If you're looking for a convenient way to make a little money, thredUP is your best bet.



I decided, however, to have fun with it and make good use of my photo studio by signing up with Poshmark. Within hours of posting my first item, it sold. I had it packaged and shipped the next day. Since Poshmark e-mails you a pre-paid shipping label, you don't have to spend any money as the seller. Of course, you can always get creative and take the time to ship your item with a little love and thanks!


So, what are you waiting for? Grab some champagne, recruit your friends, and welcome Spring with a closet cleanse! If you made enough room for a few cute new items, feel free to shop my closet on Poshmark by clicking here: @itsalyssacole


Post a Comment

© daily dose of vita. Design by FCD.